Today is the day ! It’s the first day of high school final exam for all high school student in France. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, just check this article I made some days ago.
Today, the terminales générales et technologique have the philosophy exam. It started this morning at 8 a.m for the 520.000 students in France. The philosophy exam is the one who we most talk about. Every news channels and every websites or radios talk about it. Subjects are published on the web 1h15 after the beginning of the exam. Each news website proposes grading exams and interviews philosophy experts.
All terminales technologiques have the same subject contrary to terminales générales which have a different according to the section (L, ES, S).
For the exam students have the choice between 3 subjects: 2 essays or 1 commentary.
Section L (one of the most important exam for this section):
- Essay 1: Is it enough to observe to know ?
- Essay 2 : Does everything I have the right to do is fair ?
- Commentary: ROUSSEAU, Discourse on the Origin and Basis of Inequality Among Men (Discours sur l’origine et les fondements de l’inégalité parmi les hommes.), 1755
- Essay 1 : Can reason rule in favor of everything ?
- Essay 2 : Is a work of art necessarily beautiful ?
- Commentary: HOBBES (Leviathan)
- Essay 1: Does defend their right, is defend their interests ?
- Essay 2: Can we free ourselves form our culture ?
- Commentary; FOUCAULT, Dits et écrits (1978)
Terminales technologiques :
- Essay 1: Is there a bad use of reason ?
- Essay 2 : To find happiness, do we need to look for it ?
- Commentary: 4 questions on DURKEIM, Education and sociology (Education et sociologie) (1922)
Terminales professionnelles don’t have a philosophy exam but a french exam today, and are around 100 000 today.